Sellers Should Consider The Outside Of Their Home
By Agent Nicole Slade – Real Estate Sales Representative
First impressions are often the most important of impressions! And that can be especially true when trying to sell your home. What do YOU want potential buyers to see as they pull up to your home for a showing? Your home’s curb appeal can mean the difference between a quick or a long sale. In fact, your home’s exterior maintenance can also affect how much your home ends up selling for. But a little elbow grease and some hard work can really pay off in your favor!
Some of the best ways to receive the most bang for your buck is to ensure the outside of your home is kept neat and tidy!
– Check your gardens & flower beds: get all those weeds and maybe even plant a few new plants to add a pop of colour!
– Make sure the lawn is cut and the edges of the yard are trimmed of long grass. It’s the difference between looking sloppy and looking well cared for.
– Take the time to sweep the front porch and hose down the driveway. Nobody likes to see the dirt on your doorstep.
– Do a quick walk around the property every day to make sure no garbage has blown onto your yard.
– If you’ve got a dog, cleaning up all of Fido’s landmines in the yard are a MUST. No buyer wants to step in it.
– At this time of year, the fall colours are beautiful, but you still need to rake up all those leaves regularly!
– During colder months, keep your driveway and front walkways clear of snow & ice. A buyer slipping on your front steps does not leave a good impression.
– If your home is being shown during the evening, leave the front lights on so your buyers don’t pull up to a dark & spooky house! And if lightbulbs are burnt out, CHANGE THEM!
– Around various holidays we all like to decorate the front porch. But just remember “less is more”! You don’t want to detract from the beauty that is your home. So tone it down a bit and you won’t take away from the look of the home itself.
And there you have it! 9 simple tips you can do to improve the impression you’re leaving on buyers that see your home! Your house is a product that you want to sell, and a bit of maintenance on the exterior can really go a long way to getting that SOLD sign on your front lawn!